Sunday 22 October 2006

Backwash

Backwash


This is at the Gibson's Steps. My friend, enthusiastic always, is the first one to reach the beach after climbing the steps down from the cliff. I was still busy taking photograph when I notice her at the bottom of the cliff. You may manage to see a silhouette of me in the picture. The title of this photograph is not attributed much to the girl, but the beach. The foam created by the waves form streaks of line when the water rushes back into the sea as part of backwash. Backwash is the process when a wave breaks on the shore and the water starts to rush back into the sea again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I cant see this pic properly...I mean can't figure it out exactly what it is..

De Foto said...

When you are looking into the bigger picture (click the thumbnail), you can see the fine streaks of blue lines on the shore.